Long distance relationships, or LDRs, aren’t easy so we all need some inspiration sometimes. Reading quotes about long distance relationships can help you remain positive, and can remind you of how lucky you are to have someone amazing in your life—even if you don’t get to see him or her nearly often enough.
Here are 60 Long Distance Relationship Quotes to remember.
If your situation is temporary or extended, here are some quotes to help you get through.
1) What comes easy, won’t last, what lasts won’t come easy.
2) How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard? – A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
3) The scariest thing about distance is you don’t know if they’ll miss you or forget about you. – Nicholas Sparks, the Notebook
4) We are the perfect couple, we’re just not in the perfect situation.
5) Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful; it’s for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. – Meghan Daum
6) The tough part of having a long distance relationship is the fight. Normal people can fight and make up by talking face to face. That gets a lot more difficult in a long distance relationship. – Darren Klee
7) When you feel alone, just look at the spaces between your fingers, remember that in those spaces you can see my fingers locked with yours forever.
8) I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart). – E.E. Cummings
9) The value of love is slowly lost when we have way too much. There is just no time to appreciate it. It is in times of separation and distance that you truly understand the meaning of love. – Tiffany Health
10) On the list of poetry about long distance relationships, this one is one of the best.
11) Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart. – Ancient Indian Proverb
12) Just because things are not at their best right now does not mean that we should give up. Gold is tested in fire and something precious like love needs distance to be tested. – Olga Peters
13) I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together. – Donna Lynn Hope
14) When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long and no other love can break them apart.
15) Distance does not break off the friendship absolutely, but only the activity of it. – Aristotle
16) Miles between us will never keep us far apart. For love doesn’t count miles, It is measured by the warmth of our hearts.
17) I don’t miss you and you alone, I miss you and me together.
18) Together forever, never apart. Sometimes in distance, but never in heart.
19) Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.
20) Distance is temporary, but our love is permanent.
21) In many ways, the art of love is largely the art of persistence.
22) One kind kiss before we part,Drop a tear and bid adieu; Though we sever, my fond heart, Till we meet shall pant for you.
23) This may be the last time I see you, but if you keep me in your heart, together we shall be eternal; if you believe, we shall never part. – Ben Harper
24) Time and distance don’t mean anything when I know we will embrace and hold each other again.
25) Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. – Edna St. Vincent Millay
26) True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.
27) Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.
28) Love knows no distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars. – Gilbert Parker
29) This is the sad bed of chosen chastity because you are miles and mountains away. – Erica Jong
30) I long for the day I’ll dream of your kiss no more, when your lips will caress mine for real, when your touch makes me alive again, and the sight of you arouses all my senses.
31) Missing you turns my pain to pleasure, when I know that miles away you are missing me too.
32) If you listen to the wind very carefully, you’ll be able to hear me whisper my love for you. – Andrew Davidson
33) I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance. – Steve Maraboli
34) Tomorrow when you feel the warm breeze brush against your face, that’s the kiss I blew to you.
35) Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
36) Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.
37) Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches. – Colley Cibbe
38) Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age. – John Dryden
39) And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. —Khalil Gibran
40) If the only place and time where I could keep you in my arms was in my dreams, I’d sleep forever.
41) I miss the way you hugged me, I miss the way you kissed my lips, But most of all, I miss the way you held me in those moments of silence.
42) I’m like a star in the night sky, Sometimes you won’t see me, But I’m always there!
43) I realized that we’re the last two pieces to a big puzzle, We just need to figure out where we go and complete ourselves with the puzzle!
44) I know its long and distance has kept us apart, But distance, no way, can belittle these feelings in my heart.
45) Absence sharpens love. Presence strengthens it. – Thomas Fuller
46) It’s not the distance that’s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait to hold you in my arms. – Besski Livius
47) Some of the toughest things in this world are to really want someone and not have them around you. Those are the times when you don’t know what to do. All you can do is wait. – Tamara Louis
48) Tonight, I resign myself to missing you… For I know I have the rest of my life to wake up next to you.
49) If you truly love something, give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever.
50) Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heart will never change.” —Ting Stores
51) Distance is the test, distance is the proof. Forever will we love, if this distance we survive.
52) In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged. – Hans Nouwens
53) The Pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again. – Charles Dickens, Nicholas Nickleby
54) Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; Rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be.
55) Whenever you smile without a reason, Whenever you feel a sudden flutter of joy, It’s just that I’m thinking of you.
56) Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. —Doug Fetherling
57) My darling, we share the same heart under the same stars, and that’s magical.
58) Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.”—Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
59) If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you.
60) I won’t give up on us, Even if the skies get rough, I’m giving you all my love, I’m still looking up – Jason Mraz